Life writing workshop: That great Cathedral space which was childhood Saturday 22nd February 2020
Please note: your email confirmation of your purchases may go to your Spam folder, depending on your mail settings: please check your Spam folder after completing your purchase.
Our childhoods provide a treasure-trove of memories to inspire life writing and in this workshop we look at some of those pivotal and important events that influenced our childhood years:
- early years: aged 5-8
- my first day at school
- fun and frolic, sadness and tragedy, adventure and travel, madness and mayhem, run of the mill ... what typified your childhood years?
Attendees will be given prompt-inspired writing exercises on the subjects of childhood and growing up.
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- made a start on the stories you want to tell
- had practical, hands-on, nuts and bolts experience creating story in the life writing genre
- learned valuable skills for future writing
- met some interesting and creative people
- enjoyed a day, just for you, doing something you love, and proud of your writing achievement
- gained personal insight into the amazing life story that is yours and yours alone
Time: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Venue: The Writing Place, 21 McKenzie Ave, Arkles Bay, Whangaparaoa, Auckland
(Please note there are steps up into the venue so if you need assistance, please let Jane know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
What to bring:
- writing tools (pen and paper, or laptop)
- your lunch
Tea and coffee provided.
A confirmation notice will be sent after payment is received.
Sorry, no refunds available for this workshop except if the event is cancelled by the organiser when the registration fee(s) will be refunded in full. .