Life Writing Workshop: Where it all began Saturday 15 February 2020
Please note: your email confirmation of your purchases may go to your Spam folder, depending on your mail settings: please check your Spam folder after completing your purchase.
Few life writing subjects are more powerful and evocative than our birth and family: where you were born, your parents, the name you were given ...
In this workshop we discuss and write about:
- who am I?
- where I was born
- my parents
- my family
We will focus on our entry into the world: the day we were born (and what was happening before and after), our parents (who were they and what was their story?), the name we were given (where did that come from?), and remembering stories, handed down, about our birth and early years.
Attendees will be given prompt-inspired writing exercises on the subjects of birth, home, and family. At the end of this workshop you will have:
- made a start on the stories you want to tell
- had practical, hands-on, nuts and bolts experience creating story in the life writing genre
- learned valuable skills for future writing
- met some interesting and creative people
- enjoyed a day, just for you, doing something you love, and proud of your writing achievement
- gained personal insight into the amazing life story that is yours and yours alone
Time: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Venue: The Writing Place, 21 McKenzie Ave, Arkles Bay, Whangaparaoa, Auckland
(Please note there are steps up into the venue so if you need assistance, please let Jane know by emailing email@example.com)
What to bring:
- writing tools (pen and paper, or laptop)
- your lunch
Tea and coffee provided.
A confirmation notice will be sent after payment is received.
Sorry, no refunds available for this workshop except if the event is cancelled by the organiser when the registration fee(s) will be refunded in full. .